An inclusive community that promotes emotional well being, human dignity and social justice where people are valued and opportunities in all aspects of life are available to everyone.
We are committed to supporting individual recovery and promoting mental wellness within families and communities.
- A Client Centered Approach
We are committed to maintaining an environment that respects diversity and is inclusive of all. We acknowledge and honour the fundamental value and dignity of all persons.
- Committment to Recovery
We are committed to implementing recovery based practices.
We are committed to ongoing quality improvement.
- Innovation & Creativity
We are committed to learning and growing as an organization.
The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), founded in 1918, is one of the oldest voluntary organizations in Canada. The Thunder Bay Branch was first organized in 1955 by a volunteer group of citizens concerned about a lack of community services and public awareness for mental health.
In 1975, the Thunder Bay Branch was officially chartered as a branch of the national organization. Today we are an accredited organization providing a comprehensive range of recovery based mental health services.
CMHA Thunder Bay service delivery is based on the philosophy of Recovery. We support clients in a process of change whereby individuals work to improve their well-being, live a self-directed life, and strive to achieve their full potential.
Our Strategic Directions
- We will work within our communities to provide integrated services which support and promote optimal health.
- We will deliver education and inclusive recovery based services that reflect the diversity of our communities.
- We will foster a progressive culture that promotes the recruitment, retention and succession planning of staff and volunteers.
- We will communicate in an open and transparent way within our communities.
- We will responsibly manage resources to continually improve the quality of services.
- We will ensure the safety of persons receiving service, our employees, volunteers and others associated with the organization.