Full Time (35 hrs/week)
Non Bargaining Unit
Start Date: August 20, 2018
The Administrative Assistant is part of the Branch Administrative team and reports to the Director of Business Operations. The Administrative Assistant handles confidential and sensitive material and information with discretion.
The Administrative Assistant shall assume responsibility and be evaluated for:
- Receiving visitors, answering phones, and supplying information for persons requesting assistance, referring to the appropriate programs.
- Opening, recording and distributing mail maintaining confidentiality.
- Supporting management in completion of reports, spread sheets, presentations, arranging and organizing material for meetings, etc.
- Establishing, maintaining and updating filing systems, databases, records and/or other documents for easy access.
- Ordering of supplies
- Scheduling of maintenance
- Adhering to and promoting CMHA’s Code of Ethics Policy.
- Complying with CMHA’s Health and Safety Policies.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
-Diploma in Office Administration
–2-3 years related experience
–Experience in social service agency
–Experience with Survey Monkey
-Proficiency in Microsoft Word Suite
– Ability to maintain confidentiality
– Excellent communication skills, oral, written and problem solving skills
– High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
-Works independently, good customer service skills
-Strong team member
-Vehicle and valid driver’s license with 2 million liability insurance
-Ability to speak French considered an asset
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle. Police Clearance Certificate is required.
Applications including resume, cover letter and 3 work related references (all in one document) can be emailed to email@example.com. Closing date: July 23, 2018 at 4:30pm.
CMHA Thunder Bay is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including those with a lived experience, members of visible minorities, indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.