The Canadian Mental Health Association’s annual Mental Health Week is May 7-13, 2018
This year, Mental Health Week is not only about the 1 in 5 Canadians who experience mental health issues. It’s about the 5 in 5. 5 in 5 of us have mental health. We all have a state of mental health. We all have it, so why don’t we all talk about it?
It’s about feeling good about yourself and reaching your potential. It’s about really thriving in life. It’s about the ups and the downs. It’s also about those overwhelming days when you need to take a few moments to breathe. And it’s about the mental illnesses that can affect any one of us.
If you’re ready to #GetLoud, check out www.mentalhealthweek.ca to see what you can do to spread the word. Let’s #GetLoud about what mental health really is.
Mental health is about more than mental illness
- One in five Canadians lives with mental health problems, mental illnesses or addiction. But the reality is, five in five of us have mental health, just like we all have physical health.
- We can all benefit from celebrating, promoting and acknowledging the role that good mental health plays in living a full and meaningful life.
Let’s #GetLoud about what mental health really is
- Mental health is about more than being happy all the time. It’s about feeling good about who you are, having balance in your life, and managing life’s highs and lows.
- Everyone deserves to feel well, whatever their mental health experience. And we all need a support system to lean on.
- Visit mentalhealthweek.ca for info and tools about CMHA Mental Health Week.
- At the site, you can SHARE communications materials, WRITE your local MP or SIGN the petition at www.erasethediffernce.ca to support CMHA programs and initiatives.