This is an introduction to mental illness with a focus on the recovery approach. It is designed for students, mental health professionals or anyone working with individuals with lived experience of mental illness. Read more for details.
Next session: April 26, 2018, and November 21, 2018
Workshop fee: $100
Introduction to the Recovery Approach to Mental Health Workshop
This is an introduction to mental illness with a focus on the recovery approach. It is designed for students, mental health professionals or anyone working with individuals with lived experience of mental illness. The goals of the workshop are to assist participants in understanding the impact of being labelled with a mental illness, key concepts of recovery and the attitudes and actions that will help people in their process of recovery.
This workshop will explore:
- the impact of traditional models of service delivery on persons with lived experience
- definitions of mental health, severe emotional distress and recovery
- the continuum of mental health
- the principles and key concepts of recovery
- examine the 4 major tasks of the recovery worker
- the perspectives of severe emotional distress and recovery from persons with lived experience
For more information, please contact: Joanne Otte, 683-4952
$100.00 per person
Workshop: 9am – 4pm at CMHA Thunder Bay, 200 Van Norman Street.
Registration: Register online (link)
Due to high enrollment, spaces will not be guaranteed until receipt of payment. Payment must be received within 5 business days of the workshop. Please provide minimum 24 hours notice to cancel or defer your registration. Last minute cancellations or absences are non-refundable.