October 10, 2019
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
CMHA Thunder Bay
200 Van Norman Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario
In recognition of Mental Illness Awareness Week 2019
According to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), approximately 48% of adolescents between the ages of 13 – 18 will struggle with a mental health issue.
Changing the Conversation with Your Teen: Understanding and Supporting Intense Emotions & Improving Well-being
Given the challenges and pressures facing adolescents today, it has never been more important for parents to be able to recognize mental health challenges, actively communicate and assist their child in managing difficult emotions.
Key topics covered in this free workshop include:
- Understanding emotional dysregulation and how it negatively impacts teens
- Learn successful, research-supported strategies for talking to your teen about identifying and managing intense, distressing emotions (even if they are reluctant to talk to you about it!)
- How to create and maintain open communication with your teen
- How to help your teen identify and express their emotions appropriately
- Question and Answer (Q&A) panel to help address any of your questions with mental health professionals
Join us for an evening of inspirational learning and find out how to effectively support your teen in managing difficult emotions and building healthier relationships in your family.
When: Thursday, October 10, 2019, from 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Where: CMHA Thunder Bay Branch, 200 Van Norman Street
Cost: FREE – Register by calling 345-5564
Presented in Partnership by Sullivan + Associates and Canadian Mental Health Association, Thunder Bay Branch