|CRISIS RESPONSE WORKER
1 Full-Time, This position is within OPSEU local 720 Bargaining Unit
Start date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: February 12, 2020
The Crisis Response Worker will assist individuals experiencing a mental health crisis to resume community functioning. Specific responsibilities include information and referral assistance, crisis assessment, interventions and supports, brief crisis counseling and on-site crisis intervention. In addition, you will be part of a team assisting individuals to access mental health specialists and/or hospitals and to coordinate referrals, linkages and follow-up to appropriate community support services.
- Assisting individuals experiencing mental health crisis to resume community functioning.
- Information and referral assistance.
- Crisis interventions, assessments and supports.
- Brief crisis counselling and on-site crisis intervention.
- Being part of a team assisting individuals to access mental health specialists and/or hospitals and to coordinate referrals, linkages, and follow-up to appropriate community support services.
- Coordinate admission to the Crisis Support Apartment and to assist clients in accessing mental health specialists and/or local hospitals, as indicated.
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- A post-secondary degree in the health or human services field.
- Applicants should demonstrate a good knowledge of community mental health and other social service resources and possess skills and experience in crisis assessment, intervention strategies, and crisis counselling/support.
- The incumbent shall also have excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- You must be available for shift work and have a valid driver’s license with 2 million liability insurance.
CMHA Thunder Bay is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including those with a lived experience, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities.
Police Clearance Certificate is required. Ability to speak French considered an asset.
Applications including a resume, cover letter, and 3 work-related references can be emailed to email@example.com