Deemed an essential workplace by the Ontario government amid public health concerns related to COVID-19, Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Thunder Bay remains open and is ensuring community mental health supports are safely available by providing services and information online and/or over the phone as this situation develops.
In accordance with social distancing measures outlined by public health agencies, CMHA Thunder Bay has recently altered service delivery to protect public health and safety, pivoting services and information sharing to virtual or other means so individuals in need of mental health supports can continue to get the help they need.
To protect clients and staff while continuing to support the community, CMHA Thunder Bay is providing the following online and/or by phone until further notice:
- Altered services are available from each site, during our regular hours of operation from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. please contact 807-345-5564 for further information about programs and services still available to you at this time.
- New Foundations in house activities are suspended till further notice. Members will have access to their case workers during regular hours of operation by calling 807-345-5564
- All staff will be accessible to clients via phone or video conferencing
- All outreach services are suspended until further notice.
- Crisis Response 24/7 Phone Line is available in Thunder Bay: 807-346-8282 or District / Toll-Free: 1-888-269-3100
- Essential services from First Place Clinic and Regional Resource Centre will continue as scheduled by the clinic. Intakes will continue via Ontario Telehealth Network.
- CMHA Thunder Bay staff are working to support individual wellness plans for each client to assist with self-care during this time.
As this public health situation develops, CMHA Thunder Bay will continue to inform clients and the community of further changes to programs and services as they occur. Stay up to date by visiting www.thunderbay.cmha.ca or contact us at 807-345-5564 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.