Canadian Mental Health Association Thunder Bay Branch is a proud supporter of Bell Let’s Talk. On January 30, 2019, we will join Canadians and others across the world on social media to text, talk and tweet about mental health for the 9th annual Bell Let’s Talk Day.
Bell’s annual campaign encourages people to “start the conversation” about mental health with friends, family and co-workers, recognizing that simply talking makes a significant impact in breaking down stigma and eliminating discrimination. Bell Let’s Talk Day donations are fully funded by Bell directly based on engagement in the cause.
Bell Let’s Talk has awarded over $9 million in community fund grants to organizations across Canada to deliver mental health initiatives, including supporting CMHA branches. CMHA Thunder Bay Branch received a Bell grant allowing us to enhance delivery of front- line services to individuals in our community.
CMHA Thunder Bay Branch is a key mental health and recovery service provider in the community. We offer 8 different programs and services and serve nearly 1900 individuals annually. “That’s why we are so pleased to be able to support Bell Let’s Talk Day,” said Jennifer Hyslop, CEO, Canadian Mental Health Association Thunder Bay “Stigmatizing the topic of mental health helps no one, and studies have actually shown that the more somebody feels stigmatized, the less likely he or she is to seek support services. Talking and learning about mental health and mental illness is an important first step towards lasting change.”
Please help CMHA increase the volume and frequency of conversations about mental health in communities across the country by joining the conversation online on January 30. Bell will donate 5 cents more to mental health initiatives for every:
- Tweet and retweet using #BellLetsTalkand Bell Let’s Talk Day video view at com/Bell_LetsTalk
- View of the Bell Let’s Talk Day video at com/BellLetsTalkand use of the Bell Let’s Talk frame
- Bell Let’s Talk Day video view at com/bell_letstalk
- Use of the Bell Let’s Talk geofilter and video view on Snapchat
- Mobile call and every long-distance call made by Bell wireless and phone customers
- Text message sent by Bell wireless customers
- Join the conversation and take a mental health break with a friend, family member or co-worker by purchasing a coffee card at 11 of our locations. All proceeds go directly to CMHA Thunder Bay Branch. Cards available in the Bay & Algoma Neighbourhood at Calico Coffeehouse, Bay Village Coffee, Sweet Escape Cake Cafe & Bakery, International House of Tea, and The Bean Fiend Cafe and Sandwich Bar The Sweet North Bakery, up shot coffeehouse, Freaks & Geeks, Coffee Shop & Gamery, The Seattle Coffee House, Club Cappuccino, and The Habit Coffee & Bakeshop !!